Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year Resolutions

Hmm...I inevitably have New Year Resolutions (NYR) that do not come true because I do not try hard enough. There are numerous reasons that I could come up with that prevents these resolutions from coming true, but it boils down to me not putting enough time and energy into it.

So, what am I going to put on my list this year? What will I not accomplish by the end of the year? What will I look back on and say to myself that I should have followed through?

My NYR List:
  1. Dress better. I have always worn clothing that is not what someone who wants to get ahead in life wears. Case in point, I sometimes wear clothing that is not ironed or not very professional to work. I have often worn clothing that does not indicate my status in life, middle class white male in a white collar job. True, I am in the tech industry and the jobs that I have held did not necessarily require me to wear my best duds, but that should not have stopped me from dressing better.
  2. Communication. I need to improve my level of communication in my personal as well as professional life. Often I have failed to talk to my fellow coworkers because I could care less what they have to say or if they had any impact on what I was trying to do at work.
  3. Lose weight. I have a family history of obesity and a myriad of health issues that accompany being overweight.
  4. Exercise more. This dovetails into NYR number 3. I have often felt better after exercising and have fallen off the exercise bandwagon in the past...look where it has gotten me now. Overweight.
  5. Eat healthier. A recent trip to the doctor for my yearly physical showed that I have high triglycerides. In order to get these numbers down, I need to exercise, lose weight, and eat healthier. (I guess that goes without saying....but I had to say it so that I would realize it.)
I am sure that there are a number of other NYRs that I could list; this should do it for now...YEAH.

2 comments:

StevanPierce said...

Today I did exercise and weighed myself. I weigh 179.25 pounds..and so far, I have eaten better. It has been a good thing that I started the exercise and eating healthier kick before the end of last year.

I hate it when everyone starts their new routines at the beginning of the New Year; it makes the start of something new like this so trivial and popular. It is the same old new.

StevanPierce said...

I am actually down a lot of weight, at sub 165 thanks to dietary mods and exercise. I am still trying to get over an issue with my back..but that should go away soon enough with the right stretches and proper strength training.

Twitter Updates

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter